Now that iOS13 and Apple Arcade are here, it’s time to pair your favorite controller and get down to business.
Gaming with touch controls had always been a bit hit or miss, but thankfully due to iOS13’s ability to pair directly with PlayStation 4 and select Xbox One controllers, you don’t need to be a second class gamer anymore.
Pairing the controllers, however, is not the smoothest of operations. Not that it’s hard per se, but even once you successfully pair it the first time, it doesn’t seem to automatically pair the next time you go to use it.
The good news though is pairing is so easy it doesn’t matter too much if you have to do it each time.
In order to pair your favorite PS4 controller to iOS13, do the following:
1) Turn on your iPhone and go to Settings > Bluetooth
2) Grab your favorite (or second favorite) PS4 controller
3) Hold down the Share and PlayStation button until the controller light starts flashing
4) Press DualShock 4 Wireless Controller option under Other Devices
5) Once pairing is complete the controller light will glow pink
NOW you’re in business. Onto the games!